Healthy Capsicum Soup Recipe
- 2 whole red capsicum
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Bay leaves/curry leaves
- 1 clove garlic(lehsun)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour dissolved in
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- salt to taste
1. Pierce a fork through the capsicum and roast them one at a time on a medium flame till it turns black from all the sides.
2. Wash and remove their skin, stem, and seeds. Roughly chop and keep aside.
3. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, and 3 cups of water in a deep pan and boil on a medium flame till the tomatoes are soft.
4. Cool the tomatoes completely and discard the bay leaves.
5. Combine the capsicum and tomatoes and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
6. Transfer the mixture back to the pan, add the corn flour-milk mixture and salt, mix well, and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
7. Serve hot.