500 gms Soya Chaap (around 12 pieces)
- 2 medium-size onion (fine paste)
- 4 large tomatoes (pureed)
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup beaten curd
- 1-2 green cardamoms
- 1"stick of cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- Salt acc. to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp kitchen king powder/ chicken powder
- Wash the chaaps nicely under the running water. Keep them aside.
- Make small slits on the chaaps with the help of a knife.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Put chaaps into the oil and shallow fry them till golden brown in color.
- In the other pan, add coarsely crushed cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick. Saute for 3-4 secs.
- Add onion paste and ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes. Mix well
- Now add beaten curd. (Remember add beaten curd to the dish after switching off the burner or just keep it on low flame)
- Add all the dry masalas (salt, red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, kitchen king/chicken masala).
- Mix well and saute for 3-4 mins.
- Now add 2 cups of water. Mix and bring it to a boil.
Add soya chaaps and cook on low flame for 10-15 mins.